1.28.2015

Zooey


I've always wanted to paint a portrait of Zooey Deschanel (my girl crush), but for some unknown reason, this also seemed to be a daunting task for me. The photo in this article is one of my favorite shots of her, so I tried my luck and made my first "mistake" for this project - using the "correct" side of a watercolor paper.

I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased a rough watercolor sheet, so I've been intentionally using its back side because it's a struggle for me to paint otherwise. Although the texture is too rough for my liking, I'm glad that I got to overcome my nerves in terms of painting Zooey and doing it on rough watercolor paper.

What are your favorite watercolor paper brands and types? 


(Reference photo for this painting is by Sebastian Kim/Lucky Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)